Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 25: Guess Who's Back

We have a picnic this week on Friday, for which we've been giving away flyers.  The flyers were quite expensive.  Anyway, we gave the flyers to our members here in Trenčín after having Sunday School about "small and simple things."  Then they noticed a small and simple error on the flyers.  The word for "preaching" is "kázanie," but instead is written "kazenie," which means "deteriorating" or "destruction."  So to get this straight: we've been giving away flyers, which say we'll have a picnic, at which we'll apparently talk about "the dedication of Slovakia for the destruction of the gospel."  I've never seen Prezident Václav laugh so hard.  He said maybe someone will show up saying, "Yeah!  Destruction of the gospel?  Let's do it!"

We're learning here that missionary work can take a more creative approach.  During a zone call-in, the zone leader said, "Elder Raymond (my comp), what do you like to do?"

"I like to fish," he said.

"Go buy a fishing pole (using personal funds), go fish next to someone, and talk about the gospel."  Hm.  I liked magic in school, even had a nickname: Magic Miles.  Maybe now I can be called... Kúzelnícke Kilometre?  We'll figure something out, but in the meantime, it's been working "magic."  I use magic tricks to explain principles of the gospel.  People who see my magic open up and are more willing to hear us out.  It had been two solid weeks without getting a single contact from anyone, but since starting with magic, I've gotten a couple of numbers in a couple of the most recent days.  Creativity was never a bad idea.  

Pic from a couple weeks ago (Elder De Feo)

The bus to Bojnice was quite packed




You know what's up (Slav Squat)

Something in this picture doesn't belong.

Behold, Bojnice.














If I hadn't been taking the picture, I would have been in it.

Prezident Václav sees a coin trick.

Nice


No comments:

Post a Comment