Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Week 16: Deň matiek

Skype.  I get to Skype with my family twice per year, Mother's Day and Christmas.  While anticipating my Skype call with my family, I wondered what kinds of things they'd want to hear me say in Slovak.  Were they going to ask me to say something complicated?  

While Skyping, Dad told me to say, "Hello, how are you?"  So I said it, and he was completely impressed.  I think that's the one thing I should know how to say by now.

When I tell people here that families can be together forever, they don't act as though that is new information.  That's weird because the main church here teaches that marriage and families end at death.  Dad told me that I need to help them see the silliness of that idea because they seem to instinctively know that, indeed, families can be together forever.


Mother's Day morning, 7 a.m.
















No comments:

Post a Comment