Monday, May 28, 2018

Week 18: Trenčín

Excerpts from journal:

Day 121 - Found a Russian hymnbook in my flat.  If I'm transferred, I might just steal it.

Day 122 - "Let's go!" says Elder Akina.  We're about to get off the bus (after a 1-hour long ride), but wait!  My study material is all over the seat beside me.  Of course I didn't clean it all up in time, so the bus begins leaving.  Elder Akina then realizes that I'm still on the bus, and as I pass him, our eyes meet.  You should have seen his face.

Day 123 - Yup, I'm going to Trenčín next transfer with Elder Raymond.  Way stoked.  Packing is a doozie (I don't know what that word actually means.)

Day 124 (На русском) - I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it.  Anyways, I snagged that Russian hymnbook on my way out.  It's in my bag right now.

Lost my ticket on the train back from Želiezoca, but the ticket guy was a bro and let me ride.  

***

In an interview with Prezident (that's how it's spelled in Slovak, hop off) Pohořelický, I asked how I can have greater love for the people here in Slovakia.  It's pretty hard to love someone on the street whom I don't know personally.  He told me to learn about the history here, what these people endured.  He also told me to diligently study the language, so that I can better communicate with them.  Then he told me to study the scriptures, so that I would learn how to become more like Christ.  I'll try these things and let you know how it goes.

1.  Trenčín RR tracks

2.  Two of them are leaving Trenčín

3.  Elder Raymond (new companion!)

4.  One of them is leaving Trenčín

5.  Just a bug


No comments:

Post a Comment