Thursday, March 22, 2018

Week 8

Just when I thought nothing exciting would happen this week: All my ties go missing!  All except my white tie.  That's interesting.  Last time I checked, it wasn't White Tie Day.  But what other choice do I have?  None.

Out in the common room, I see the other seven Elders.  They're wearing my ties.  Oh, it all makes sense now.  It's Everyone-Wears-Elder-Aillery's-Tie Day.  Can I participate?  No.  That's ironic.

We depart to Slovakia this Monday.  There's a lot of excitement, but there are feelings of inadequacy as well.  Do we know the language well enough?  No, but we will learn.  As far as language goes, people who are better than we are have had the same feelings of inadequacy, and people who are worse than we are have succeeded.  Everything will be okay.

Day 52 - Fri (16 Mar)
Flight plans came in.  I'm going to the Netherlands on Monday, then taking a connecting flight to Prague.  

Day 55 - Mon (19 Mar)
I got hand-written mail from Brother White, Sister Guynn.  It means a lot to me.  I'll return their letters as soon as I can.

Day 57 - Wed (21 Mar)
Everyone-Wears-Elder-Aillery's-Tie Day.
My mom's birthday is either today or tomorrow.

Day 58 - Thurs (22 Mar)
My mom's birthday was yesterday.  Luckily, I couldn't have emailed her until today.  Happy Birthday, Mom!

Výtržnosti na Slovenske (Riots in Slovakia)
As far as news goes, so I'm the last person to hear about world news.  But this much I know: the Italian Mafia has connections to the Slovak government, which have recently been exposed.  There are riots in Slovakia.  I'm going to Slovakia.  See you at the riots.

No comments:

Post a Comment