Monday, June 10, 2019

Week 72: Closure

Today are transfers. You know what that means? I'm leaving Elder Barton and Banská Bystrica and going to Bratislava (that's a lot of Bs.)

I don't have a new companion. Instead, I get an old one! In fact, I'm serving with my trainer. Elder Akina brought me into this mission, and since this is his last transfer, I'm taking him out. It came as a surprise to me when I found out we were serving together again. A few things have changed since last time:

1. I'm not a greenie.
2. We both speak the language, so he wanted to set a goal to speak only Slovak for his entire last transfer. Sure, prečo nie. 
3. I've been assigned to be district leader this transfer, so in a way, I'm his trainer.

We had a lot of good things going in Bystrica, but I'm excited for this change. The elder that replaced me in Bystrica (you may have heard of him), Elder Rasmussen, will finish off the work I started with Elders Barton and Newell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment