Monday, November 5, 2018

Week 41: Kosák a kladivo

Peter is an investigator who's only barrier from baptism is his smoking addiction.  We had met with him once before, at which meeting he said he's down to only two cigarettes a day.  Well, that's progress.  But it ends now, as we were about to go over and introduce a program, which helps people stop smoking in a week if they follow every step exactly.  There are some weird steps.

We got to his house.  Seated at the table was Peter, his kid, Elder McQuivey and I.  

"Peter," I said, "do you really want to kick this habit?"  He nodded and said he wanted to 100%.  He was ready.  "To help you stop smoking, we brought a 'friend' to help you get rid of your cigarettes."  I reached into my bag and pulled out a hammer.  

There was a pause, until Peter said, "Am I supposed to go buy cigarettes so I can crush them?  Because I don't have any."  Oh, what a pleasant surprise.  I'll admit, though, that I was looking forward to the action.  

I can tell that Peter loves his family and kids.  I can tell by the way he looks at them.  I'm happy for his desire to kick his smoking habit and get baptized on 1 Dec.

















No comments:

Post a Comment