Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Week 11

The outlets are nice here, very sturdy.  But here, they don't have dryers for clothes.  I have to hang-dry all my clothes?  Also, the light switches are somewhat cool, they're squares instead of... whatever we have in America.  I don't know how to describe light switches from America.

It was nice to see the boys from the MTC.  (Elders)(McQuivey + Smith + Rasmussen) = the boys.  I saw them while in Žilina for training.  There I saw my mission president, Prezident Pohořelický.  It's obvious he cares about his missionaries.

I learned that opportunities for service usually come in unexpected ways.  There are plenty of ways to help others, whether it be acting kindly toward them or going out of your way to help them accomplish a task.  Look to do service every day.  There are always opportunities.

Visited the elderly lady again, Sestra Žiškova.  This time the cookies kept coming.  While she had good intentions to keep filling our plates, we wanted no more, but no one wanted to say anything for fear of being rude.  So, while she was in the other room for a brief moment, we quickly stuffed the cookies back into the cookie jar.  Elder Papenfuss wasn't quite so fast, so he had to down another few cookies.


Just some river



(Elders)(Papenfuss + Jackson + Akina + You Know)


Town Square (a.k.a. Námestie)

No comments:

Post a Comment