Monday, November 4, 2019

Week 92: -16: Babysitting

If you ask most missionaries whether they've babysat on their mission, they'll likely say no. After all, it is strictly against the rules. That doesn't stop Elder Aillery, though.

President Gehring and his wife were away in Italy at a conference for mission presidents. Meanwhile, I was on an exchange with Elder Webb, who, along with his companion, received an assignment to spend time with President's kids a little every day while he was gone. That evening, we were supposed to take his kids to the cemetery for All Saints' Day, a holiday that has to do with cemeteries and dead people. Well, when it was time to leave for the cemetery, it was cold and raining, so we just stayed at their house. We played some games and made them dinner. Definitely not what I thought I would do as a missionary.

I've mentioned someone that we sometimes play chess with. Can I just tell you how cool he is? He lent me a couple Slovak grammar books for children. Also, he took some of the pictures you'll see this week.









No comments:

Post a Comment