Monday, September 16, 2019

Week 85: -23: Close Call

It's less-common for two missionaries to serve together twice (as I did with Elder Raymond). It's rare to have served with someone, go your separate ways, then serve together again (like with me and Elder Akina). I kinda forgot to mention that I'm back in Banská Bystrica with my buddy, Elder Barton. Same city, same companion. It's like I never left.

***

I would say that finding new people to teach in this mission has been the same for a long time, the main two methods being street contacting and tracting (very straightforward approaches). In line with the assistants' training given a while back (you know, the one about being more friendly with people?), we decided to take a Frisbee into the park and see who wanted to play. You might be thinking, "Why to vlastne pieklo would that work?" That's what I was thinking, too (before I tried the idea).

When we arrived in the park, we came across two teenagers who appeared to be doing something for photography class or something. 

"Hey! Wanna play Frisbee?" I asked.

They looked at each other and said, "We don't know how."

"We'll teach you," said my companion. So we tossed a Frisbee with them for some time, found out more about them, talked about ourselves, and shared a few points about why we're here. Afterward, we added each other on Facebook and have been in contact since then. One is coming to English class this week. Later that day, some guy hit me up out of nowhere on Facebook (it was no coincidence that he was friends with both of those girls from the park). He was asking for more information about our English class.

***

I got around to playing chess with that boy from last week's email. According to the deal set by his dad, he would have to join our church if he lost and we would join his if we lost. I'm still here, so I didn't lose. ;D

***

Photo 1: Hey Mom, are you proud?

Photo 2: A very nice family of a former missionary treated us to lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment