Monday, December 24, 2018

Week 48: Get Wormy

Okay.

There's something I need to clear up!  Those first set of tracks on which I was posing were not in use.  In fact, they're completely unusable, because of the concrete that's on them.  The snow covered that, however, making it hard to tell, also making for some sweet pics.  If you've ever been to the train station in Spišská Nová Ves, you would know what I'm talking about.  So I should have explained that, hope I didn't give you too bad of a scare.

Also, I got a lot of emails this week, so it might take "some time" before I can respond to everyone.  

***

In other news, I was casually flipping through the dictionary when I found a word: červivieť.  That means "get wormy."  What is that supposed to mean?  Like when you're dancing and you "get wormy"?  or is it more literal?  More on that later.  

***

Sometimes we take a train to church (whenever one of our members is riding by train, we go with her).  In such a case, we need to wake up early and be out the door by 7:05.  So we did just that.  I knew the train left from Prešov mesto (the city's smaller station) around 7:28, but I wasn't sure exactly when.  When we got there at about 7:21, a train left.  Hm, I thought, I didn't know that TWO trains leave this early.  So I called our member:

Me: Do two trains leave from Prešov mesto this early?

Her: Uhhh... I don't think so.

Me: So we missed out train?

Her: Probably.

Me: What do YOU suggest?

Her: Missionaries in the past have run to Hlavná stanica (main station) after missing the train at PM.  It leaves at 7:42.

Me: *already running* Okay, see you in a bit.

I'll have you know that we made it onto that train with 30 seconds to spare.  

***

I had a companion exchange with Elder Smith, so I got to be his companion in Prešov for a day.  He's one of the four from my MTC group, from the beginning!  How fun that was.  30 minutes before we had to be in bed, we had an idea to make a Christmas dance video.  So we ate dinner quickly, threw together the video, then got to bed.  Elder Smith came up with most of the ideas for the video.  He told me to "get wormy" at the end.




2nd attempt at impersonating the guy on the "Wazzup slovník" (Lingea)

Fiha, to je vysoký kostol.








No comments:

Post a Comment