Monday, April 22, 2019

Week 65: Practice makes perfect or permanent, depending on whom you ask

Since Elder Newell is gone, I lead our church meetings.  But I still play the piano for our meetings.  It's quite the one-man show.  Katy, if you're reading this, practice your piano.  Dad didn't even tell me to say that.  Maybe he did at one point, but this time I thought of it myself.

Elder Barton is a baller, probably one of my favorite people.  He's fun to have late-night talks with.  Last night, we talked about the impact that weekly calls home can have on us and our families.  In our opinion, it was a very smart and inspired move to allow us to do so.  It makes sense in the context of home-centered, church-supported gospel learning that our church leaders have been emphasizing.  Our families can support us and we can support them.  

What will also be different is that the change in us from the beginning to the end of our missions may not seem as dramatic.  In the old days, we were gone for two years and called home maybe four times.  In comparison, now it feels like we have constant communication with family.  So at least to those members of our families with whom we communicate weekly, the change will not be as sudden.  I'm okay with that.








No comments:

Post a Comment